Friday, August 10, 2012

A letter to you...




Dear Mom,

Today is the day.  For the last 14 months I have been thinking about it.  Remember when you said I could do anything I put my mind to?  Remember when you told me my gritty determination would get my what I wanted some day?  Well, let's see if you were right.  I mean, I've made it this far...I know SOMETHING, right?

I wish you were here to calm my nerves...you were so good at that.  I had a dream about you last night...it was nice to see you.  Could you do me a favor and show your presence in the room today while I'm testing?  I'd appreciate that. 

I promise that I'll treat people the way I watched them treat you when you were sick.  That's what keeps my head on straight at 3am when I've been running calls all night...when I'm jaded...when I'm fed up with the BS calls.  I get that one really sick person and I think of you...and it makes all this worth it.  I hope and pray that I can be a paramedic you'd be proud of.

This is it.  Probably the biggest thing I've ever done in my life.  I'd give anything for you to see it.  Wish me luck.

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment