Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bicycles Are Stupid

I'm taking advantage of this weak moment so I can delight in my accomplishments in the future. 

Right now it's dark.  I'm in a deep hole of pity.  I'm pouting.

"Nut up!" 
"Brush it off!"
"Don't be so hard on yourself." 

Blah blah blah blah.  Kiss my butt.

Every day on the bike isn't awesome.  You don't always have a breakthrough moment worth blogging about.  Sometimes you suck.  Sometimes you crash.  Sometimes you do both.  In this very moment I'm furious.  I'm tired of being hurt.  I'm tired of being covered in cuts and bruises with swollen body parts.  I'm tired of sucking.  The only way to get better is to ride.  I spent most of my morning hiking my bike and being a little bitch. 

This morning I tried riding Warriors again.  I thought I was ready.  I thought I could handle Darwins.  I haven't been on a mtb since Interbike.  I think wrecking my brains out during Dirt Demo scared me a little more than I realized.  I rode like a 5 year-old today.  The leaves scared me.  I didn't ride a lot of stuff I normally would.  I've actually ridden harder stuff at Dupont.  Where did my mental balls go??  Has cyclocross made me soft?  I could see a HUGE difference in my motor, but my skills are shit now.

This is my fault.  I haven't been riding trails.  I have no one to blame but myself. 

I'll eventually get over my sour mood.  I'll eventually get back on my mtb.  Hopefully I'll stop acting like such a brat and continue with my day in a more productive manner.  For now, I'm going to ice my swollen body parts and work on putting my bottom lip back where it was before I started whining.

End rant.

5 comments:

  1. Where's the Like button on this blog thing of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah. I thought this was good info for later when I get awesome. :)

      Delete
  2. Don't think that for a second that being susceptible to pain and getting over past wrecks mentally is a bad thing. A big wreck will leave you feeling it physically or mentally for a good long while. I'm still feeling an ankle injury from about 6 weeks ago that kept me from racing two weeks back. Instead I had to watch my brother race a 12 hour downhill race without a partner. It sucked! But when it came down to it I wasn't ready. I finally got back on the bike last week. I was hesitant, slow, and winded. But with time comes healing power. Taking it slow is not a bad thing. It will make it all the better when you get that comfort back to go fast. I just got a new bike the day before yesterday. That will always help give you a new healthy love for the things we do. Don't be down on yourself. If it means riding easier trails then get on them and stomp them. I'm not dropping 10+ footers for awhile! But you better believe that i'll still get out there and love the easier stuff. Keep on shredding girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jer. 10+ footers? Damn!! That's nuts. I'll get my mojo back...just had to let out the bad air. ;)

      Delete
  3. Vent, Megan, vent!! We have those days. Just keep riding!!
    Joe

    ReplyDelete