Wednesday, February 22, 2012

You want inspiration?

Endurance athletes are always looking for inspiration.  We want to see miracles.  We want to see people do things that seem impossible.  Well, today I have your inspiration.

When I lived in Mammoth Lakes, I had the pleasure of becoming friends with Jeremy Mcghee.  The sweetest, most loving and kind-hearted man I've ever known.  He loves to ski, mountain bike, surf...basically the dude does it all.  He pretty much kills everything he attempts.  He's probably better than YOU.  His personality is so huge, you don't even see his wheelchair.  His charisma brightens up every room.  His heart is huge...and his hucks on the mountain are just as big. 

In 2001, Jeremy was riding his motorcycle when a car pulled out in front of him.  From that moment on, he was paralyzed.  Did he quit?  No.  Did he spend his days feeling sorry for himself?  No.  He found a way to make it happen...to follow his dreams.  He found a way to keep living the AMAZING life he lives.  Even though miles separate us, I'm honored to call him "friend" and inspired to keep going when I think I can't.  If you've ever skied with Jeremy you will recall his famous line, "Quit yer bitchin'!  At least you have two legs!"

Do What You Love and Inspire the World Doing It!

3 comments: