Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Poppin' the enduro racing cherry...or somethin' like that.

If you can't hang with the big dogs, dress like 'em.

So you wanna be an endurance racer, eh?  Well, put on your big girl panties and let's do this thang!
 
I'm sitting here looking at the big pile of stuff on my bed and trying to remember how to take the rear wheel off and put it back on after changing a tube.  I know I'll be changing a tube at some point on Saturday.  You're probably saying to yourself, "Really? You don't know how to do it?"  It's not that I don't, it just takes me MUCH longer than the average bear to do something a shop guy can do in 5 minutes.  Please lord, if I have to get a flat, let it be in the front.
 
Duckman has decided to join his little sister in a day of fun and agony in the Pisgah.  I'm happy he'll be there when I finish...and hope he isn't pissed when he has to wait a couple extra hours :)  Please have the following items ready at the finish line:
1. Beer
2. Burrito
3. Ice pack for my ass
 
If that isn't enough physical punishment, my flight to Vegas leaves from the Tri-Cities the next morning at 8:30.  Talk about torture!  Sore and sleepless...pass the wine, please.  On a positive note, Interbike should be a rad week of fun and learning.  I'm beyond thrilled and grateful for an epic opportunity like this.  Cool stuff doesn't happen to this girl very often...I'm gonna bask in it for a while.
 
I'll give ya a rundown after the race and hopefully have photos of what went down in Vegas...because that crap doesn't actually stay in Vegas.  Whoever came up with that is a liar. ;)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment